Windows 8 - Reverting Back to Your Desktop
I don’t know about you but I don’t like Windows 8’s start screen – the one with multiple boxes. I have tried many times to work within these screens but gave up. But did you know there is a quick trick to get back to seeing the Desktop view (like in old Windows versions?)
It amazes me how many people that use Windows 8 don’t know this secret. So here it is:
In the bottom left corner of the boxes on Windows 8 start screen – click Desktop and voila! You are brought back to you familiar desktop.
Hopefully this will help make your job easier. If you need help working with an MS office project contact me at email@example.com I have years of experience and can help you.
Adding a Twitter Feed to Your Site
One of my clients has become a huge Twitter fan to promote his business and requested that we add a Twitter feed to his web site. If you use Twitter read on to learn how easily you can add a feed to your web site.
Twitter provides you with the HTML code to add your Twitter feed, you just need to sign in and get it. But wait, it’s not intuitive to find so here are the instructions:
- Log into your Twitter account
- Go to admin tools icon on the upper right (it looks like a cog – the one in the middle) and choose settings.
- In the left navigation menu scroll to the bottom and click Widgets.
- Click create a new widget and the Feed it will be the first to come up.
- Choose ‘HTML widget’
- Click ‘Continue’
- Select the number of tweets you want to display
- Copy and paste the code into your page, where you want your feed to display
- If you want the feed to look different, you can style it with CSS to match your site look and feel better
Now you can Tweet all you want and share it with your web viewers! If you need help with any part of your web site or with your social marketing, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I have lots of experience.
You Have To Laugh
Marmot messes up Greenpeace's view of Glacier National Park - http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/marmot-photobombs-time-lapse-video-licks-camera?hpt=hp_bn8