Word - Formatting Graphics
Not everyone has photo imaging software so Word has stepped in to help you format/adjust your pictures and graphics. From brightness to styles Word gives you a lot of options to make your graphics really standout.
First to use these tools, you need to insert a picture - from the menu Insert, then choose Picture (from a file) or Clip Art (from the MS clip art library on your system). Adjust the picture to where you want it and the size. Now click on the picture and on the menu bar look for Picture Tools/Format on the right (see example below).
From here you can do some neat things (and you’ll notice that as you scroll over the styles Word will automatically give you a preview of how your graphic will look set with that option):
- Change Brightness – have a picture that is too dark? – try using this to lighten it up or visa versa
- Change Contrast – use this to increase or decrease the intensity of the graphic
- Recolor – this is a fun one – you can change the color modes for your picture – choose from color modes, light versions, dark versions or make your own
- Picture Style – this goes beyond typical frames/borders - roll over each type to see the results. Use the arrows to scroll through the many choices.
- Picture Shape – change the shape of your picture – not all choices work as you might want
- Picture Border – typical line border
- Picture Effects – add beveling, a reflection or set you graphic to a 3D effect
Try these tools on a graphic so you can see what they do, mix and match the options to see the results. This way next time you get a graphic that isn’t quite right you can use these options to make your point! If you need help with any MS Office project or have questions – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Evolution of Digital Marketing
Have you ever thought about the evolution of digital marketing? When it started, how it got to where we are today, and what companies have stood the test of time.
It started with AOL and their disks to get on the web, then moved to the birth of social networking and then on to the iPhone giving us access to the web wherever.
If you have questions on how to apply these changes to your marketing plan, contact me at email@example.com, I can help you!
You Have To Laugh
Funny Video: How to wake a sleeping baby - http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/03/21/mxp-baby-dances-to-bruno-mars.hln.html